Naturopathic Clinic and Medicine in Lafayette, CO
How many times have you been to a doctor’s office, spent 45 minutes in the waiting room, followed by 30 minutes in the exam room, only to see the doctor for 5 minutes and walk out with a prescription? Did you feel heard? Did you feel like you were given the right medication? Did you learn anything about “why” you felt the way you did? And did it even help, or did the “side effects” make you feel even worse? If you’re like a lot of people, I’m sure experiences like that leave you with more questions than answers and a sense of unease. The experience in my Naturopathic office is remarkably different.
I see patients with all kinds of health concerns. Instead of using pharmaceutical drugs and surgeries which only mask symptoms, I work to identify the underlying cause of the illness. I use nutrition, herbs, homeopathy, and a variety of supplements to support the body and allow it to heal. As I work with patients I always keep in mind the core tenets of Naturopathic medicine.
- First, do no harm. Utilize the most natural, least invasive, and least toxic therapies first.
- Identify and treat the cause. Look beyond the symptoms to effectively address the underlying cause(s) of illness.
- The healing power of nature. Trust the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Treat the whole person. View the body as an integrated whole comprised of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions.
- Doctor as teacher. Educate the patients in the steps to achieve and maintain optimal health.
- Prevention. Focus on promoting health and wellness, and preventing disease.
- Computerized Iridology
- Functional Leukocyte Observation
- Hormone testing
- Advanced Lipid/Cholesterol testing
- Carotid Intima-Media Thickness (CIMT) Ultrasound
- Standard blood tests
- Athlete performance testing
- Nutrient level testing
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
- SIBO testing
- Celiac disease screening
- Heavy metal testing