How to Stay Healthy During Challenging Times
As cases of the dreaded Corona disease continue to rise, it is uncertain how long this plaque will go on. The most reasonable thing to do is to protect yourself and your loved ones from this pandemic. Read on.
Signs of Corona virus
Signs of Corona virus can be just mild illness or even pneumonia. While some people’s recovery journey may be a quicker one, others may be sick for a long while. Corona disease patients may experience:
- Symptoms of flu e.g. fatigue, sore throat and coughing
- Difficulties in breathing
Who are at higher Risk?
Senior citizens and people suffering from lung or heart disease and diabetes are more likely to contract the disease.
How do you Protect Yourself?
You can take the following measures to prevent catching the virus:
Washing your Hands
This should be done using water and soap and should go on for 20 seconds. This is especially crucial after coughing, sneezing or being in public places. In case there is neither soap nor water, make use of hand sanitizers with a minimum 60 percent of alcohol. You should cover all your hand surfaces and then rub them against each other till they are dry.
Do not touch your Mouth, Eyes and Nose
The most rapid way of spread of the virus is through touch. Since it can enter through any tissue of your body, it is crucial to avoid touching one’s eyes, mouth and nose.
Maintain a Distance between you and others
The distance should be at least a meter. You should do this since you can’t know who is infected. The people at high risk of catching this disease especially should take this precaution.
In Case you are infected:
- Stay at home, except when you are searching for medical care.
- Cover your sneezes and coughs using a tissue.
- Dispose of the used tissues safely.
- Put on a facemask when in public places and also when using public transport. In the case where it is impossible to wear a facemask, you should make sure you cover you sneezes and coughs. The people attending to you should wear facemasks every time they come into your room.
In Case you aren’t infected:
- Unless you are attending to a sick person who can’t wear a facemask, there is no need of wearing a facemask.
- Make sure the surfaces that are frequently touched are clean and disinfected. These surfaces include doorknobs, light switches, tables, desks, handles, toilets, sinks and keyboards.
No vaccine has been discovered for this virus yet. You can however be vaccinated for flu. Contracting both COVID-19 and the flu makes one very ill. It is therefore advisable to get the vaccine while it is available.
This is one of the most effective ways of slowing the spread of the virus.
- Avoid handshakes and any other greetings of physical nature.
- Clean shared surfaces e.g. doorknobs, chairs, and tables.
- Open windows and adjust air conditioning to increase the circulation of fresh air.
- Limit those shop visits by buying your goods online.
- Find out which outings are necessary for your family. Open places like parks are recommended for your outings.
At the workplace:
- If sick, stay home.
- Reschedule, stagger or cancel large gatherings.
- Stop shaking people’s hands.
- Use your mobile phones or video conferencing to hold meetings.
- Cancel any business travel that may be non-essential.
- If the meetings are essential, hold them in open spaces.
- Provide sanitizers for workers and staff.
- Take your meals outside.
- Put a limit of food sharing and handling.
- If your kid is sick, let them stay home.
- Clean hands as you enter and leave.
- Reschedule any activities which may result to mixing of the students.
- Assemblies, hand holding and queuing should be avoided.
- A hand washing schedule should be promoted.
- Where possible, lessons should be conducted outdoors.
We at Reddy Natural Medicine are here for you during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a dedicated team to help you in finding natural remedies to any ailment that you may have. Whether it is hormonal imbalances or the flu, we are here to help you in finding an effective and natural solution.