How to Choose an Effective Family Wellness Plan
Getting healthy routines is becoming harder each day. We live in a fast-paced world, and people are getting busier each day trying to make a living. For many, healthier routines seem to be a daunting task.
Slowing down seems to be an impossibility for many families. Hence, making it more challenging for families to get on board with a new and healthy lifestyle. Even for those families that see the value of healthy living, the struggle is real.
Developing a wellness routine amidst a busy schedule is not easy. However, the emergence of COVID-19 has forced most families to spend more time at home. There is no better time than now to look for a family wellness plan in Lafayette.
Creating goals and family wellness routines is not an overnight process. It takes time, but it is not out of your reach.
The million-dollar question is, how do you create a wellness routine that is unique to your needs and family setting?
If you are willing to start a wellness plan, then let’s see what wellness entails.
Wellness has many definitions, but we can sample two definitions. A standard definition of wellness is a conscious, self-driven and developing process of attaining your full potential.
The other definition is that wellness is a dynamic process through which you become conscious of and make decisions toward a better existence.
In both of these definitions, though the wording can be different, there is a commonality. You can realize that wellness is about you being aware or conscious enough to become the best version of yourself.
What Are the Components of Wellness?
The six components of wellness are:
- Intellectual wellness: Creativity, problem-solving, learning
- Physical wellness: Diet, medical care, exercise
- Social wellness: Personal relationships, connection with nature, community
- Occupational wellness: Personal satisfaction, ambition, achievement
- Spiritual wellness: purpose and meaning, values, beliefs
- Emotional wellness: awareness and acceptance of feelings, respect, trust
In a nutshell, an effective wellness plan needs to have the six dimensions of wellness. These six components of wellness, though different, are equally important. They are very distinct areas of our lives, which we can control and develop through daily routines.
Most people have a one-dimensional definition of wellness, which is diet, exercise, and Medicare. However, eating healthy and using a detox program near you is essential in the sense that you can be more active and prevent lifestyle diseases like diabetes. Also, having a naturopathic doctor in Lafayette who can help your body heal more naturally will be a huge plus.
But you cannot only focus on one component.
Understanding Family Wellness
Family wellness, just like wellness, has many definitions depending on how you look at it. But, generally, it means a family unit, be it biological or not, can live and work well together, preferably in all dimensions of wellness.
In other words, everyone in the family unit can be healthy mentally, has productive activities and has healthy relationships with one another and other people.
Family wellness also means that a family has shared traditions, a sense of belonging, and regular routines which can promote security and stability.
How to Create a Family Wellness Plan
To achieve the goals that you have set out, you will have to establish specific goals that can be attained by every family member. Below are some pointers that might help you while you are choosing a wellness plan:
- Have every family member write down their personal and family health goals. Then discuss with each other.
- Collectively develop family wellness goals that will align with everyone’s individual objectives. This has to be a group effort, and there is no judgment. This should take some time to let everyone simmer and digest every idea. Always keep in mind that the goal is health and wellness for every member.
- Once you have developed a plan, start having weekly or biweekly meetings that will help you discuss the progress and challenges. Others will journal to record their journey. Meetings are supposed to be fun, supportive and meant to encourage. As a family, you will restructure the plan as life events unfold.
An essential thing to remember is that these will be new routines which take time to develop. Therefore, you will need 10-21 days to forge each new habit.
However, to get a more specialized family wellness plan in Lafayette, you can call our naturopathic doctor near you at Reddy Natural Medicine.