Denver’s Terrible Air
Wouldn’t it be nice if our air always looked like this picture? Don’t you love that skyline and beautiful mountain views? Did you know, however, that Denver and the front range has some of the worst air quality in the nation? You’ve all no doubt seen that brown cloud hovering over the city. With the growing population, increased cars, and a huge increase in fracking, it doesn’t appear that things are going to turn around anytime soon.
Here are my suggestions to deal with this growing health concern:
1. Take glutathione. This is your body’s master detoxifier and can protect your lungs. It’s tough to supplement so it’s often delivered as an IV and it can be nebulized for direct lung treatment. Fortunately there is also a great liquid made right in Lafayette CO from Quicksilver Scientific called Liposomal Glutathione. It available in my office.
2. Staying indoors is the safest way to stay healthy during really bad days. Make your home a sanctuary by getting a high quality air filter. There are quite a few good products out there. I recommend EnviroKlenz. If you’re interested, please let me know and I’m able to get you a 20% discount on your purchase.
3. I use some fantastic homeopathic remedies called Unda numbers that target specific systems of the body to help the cells of that system detox and work properly. Unda 5, 35, and 220 are my favorite remedies for the lungs and I’ve seen them really help my patients with severe lung issues.
4. Herbs can also be very helpful. Here’s a great post describing six fantastic herbs for the lungs.
5. If you have to be outdoors, using a mask is always a good idea. Make sure you’re using the right kind of mask though. A simple dust mask will not block the fine particulate matter.
Stay safe out there everyone.