All You Need to Know About Naturopathic Medicine
The naturopathic system is the solution to your body’s ailments. It helps in the self-healing process of the body. Find out more about what it is.
The system of naturopathic medicine makes use of natural remedies to aid in the self-healing of the body. Here are the several therapies it embraces:
- Nutritional counseling
Naturopathy originated from Germany. It reached the U.S during the 1800s. Currently, it combines modern science with traditional treatments that are several centuries old.
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- Do not harm
The therapies used in naturopathic medicine are non-invasive, gentle, and effective and do not adversely affect the body. Efforts are made to employ methods that don’t suppress the symptoms.
- Nature’s healing power
The body is capable of maintaining and restoring health on its own. NDs facilitate the body’s healing process by eliminating obstacles and finding treatments for enhancing healing.
- Find the cause and treat
Rather than just eliminating the disease symptoms, NDs treat the root cause of the illness. Symptoms are the external manifestations of internal turbulence.
Comparing Naturopathic Medicine to Conventional Medicine
Primary care is provided by both of them. The doctors, too, are trained in a similar way. The therapies and philosophical approaches used are the most significant differences.
Naturopathic doctors offer treatment to patients by addressing environmental, physical, and emotional and attitudinal health aspects. This allows NDs to identify and treat the root cause of the disease using several therapies.
On the other hand, conventional doctors in general address and offer treatment to disease symptoms and employ surgery or pharmaceutical therapies.
How it works
The ultimate goal of naturopathic medicine is treating all the parts of the person the body, mind, and spirit. Not only does it aim at just stopping the symptoms, but it also seeks to heal an illness’ root causes.
A naturopathic examination may take one to two hours. The doctor may also ask about your stress levels, health history and your lifestyle habits. Lab tests may also be done.
After all this, your naturopathic doctor in Colorado will discuss with you a health plan that is best for you. The focus of naturopathic medicine is on educating and preventing, so you may be given exercise, stress management, or diet tips.
To add to the naturopathic treatments, your doctor may use some complementary medicine like acupuncture and herbal medicine. To create some balance in the body, touch like pressure and massage may be used. A collective name exists for this – naturopathic manipulative therapy.
Who are the Practitioners?
People in support of naturopathic medicine can be found in clinics, hospitals, private offices, and community centers. They fall under 3 categories, each having varying backgrounds and education levels:
- Naturopathic Physicians – These have attended four-year, graduate-level schools. Just like medical doctors, they learn basic sciences. In addition to that, they study psychology, nutrition, and also complementary therapies, e.g., homeopathy and herbal medicine. They take an exam, and upon passing, they are issued a license to operate.
- Traditional naturopaths – These practitioners do not attend accredited medical schools or even attain licenses. There is a wide variation in their education.
- Healthcare providers – This group comprises of dentists, medical doctors, nurses, chiropractors, and doctors of osteopathy who were trained in the naturopathic medicine field.
Before selecting a suitable naturopathic practitioner, inquire about their education and training and the licensing requirements in your state.
What Naturopathic Medicine can do for you
Naturopathic medicine can treat all of your health concerns ranging from chronic illness to pediatric to psychological. It is recommended for the below categories of patients:
- Patients seeking disease prevention and strategies that promote health
- Patients with symptoms which on their own, and with help from medical practitioners, they haven’t been able to address
- Those who have been found to suffer from chronic illnesses and are in the look for options to get treatment. Naturopathic medicine has proven its effectiveness in improving life quality for those suffering from serious illnesses
- Those ones that wish to combine both naturopathic and conventional treatments with the goal of minimizing surgery, drug side effects or even conventional treatments
We at Reddy Natural Medicine employ a holistic approach to the root causes of your problems. Every visitor we receive is unique, and so is the treatment. Book an appointment with your natural medical doctor now.