5 Ways to Survive Allergy Season Naturally
Are you dreading the coming spring? Do you love the longer days, the warmth of the sun, and the blooming flowers, but hate the watery eyes, the sneezing, the runny nose, and general “blah” feeling that comes with it? If so you are not alone. Millions of people suffer from seasonal allergies, and most don’t know that there are very effective ways to manage the allergy symptoms naturally. Below are 5 powerful ways to not only survive, but also to thrive during allergy season.
- Quercitin – This bioflavonoid is found in yellow fruits and vegetables. It works extremely well to keep your cells from being so reactive to pollens and other airborne allergens.The best product on the market that I’ve found is Hista-Aid from Quicksilver Scientific. One of the challenges with quercitin is that it’s very hard to absorb and takes a while to build up in your system. Not any more! Hista-Aid is a game changer because it is absorbed directly through the mucus membranes of your mouth and can work almost immediately. If you suffer from seasonal allergies you MUST try this product! It’s for sale at the office and if you mention this blog post, I’ll give you 10% off your first bottle.
- Stinging Nettle – Herbal medicine is a great alternative to the over-the-counter medicines and Stinging Nettle leaf really shines when it comes to allergies. I recommend making an infusion of the dried nettle leaf. To do this add 2 Tbsp of dried herb to a glass jar. Pour boiling water over the herbs and steep for 10 minutes. Strain the herb and enjoy. This tea is also rich in many vitamins and minerals and has been used all over the world as a general healing tonic.
- Boiron Homeopathic Sabadil – I love using homeopathy for allergies. A great product on the market is called Sabadil. It is a combination of all the best remedies for allergies.
- XClear – XClear is a nasal spray that contains saline and xylitol. Xylitol works by preventing pollens and other allergens from sticking to the nasal passages and airways. It is also very soothing to the mucus membranes of the nose and sinuses.
- Do a Parasite cleanse – In my 16 years of practice, one of the consistent things I have noticed with my patients that suffer from allergies is that they very often have a parasite infection. I believe that the parasites make the body extremely sensitive and reactive to many things, including airborne allergens. By using herbs like Black Walnut, Clove, and Wormwood to flush out the parasites, I have seen many patient’s allergy symptoms clear up completely. To know for sure if parasites are contributing to your symptoms, I would have to see you in the office to look at your blood.
BONUS Tip: Make sure that your digestion is working well by taking all the “Basics” and that you are eating well. Good health always begins here, so no matter what health issue you are dealing with, you will feel better when digestion is balanced.
Seasonal allergies are no fun, but there are ways to manage them. Before you reach for the medication that will make you so drowsy that you feel like a zombie, give the above suggestions at try. They work!